MICM Property has been a long standing provider of owners corporation (formerly body corporate) services. Our size, team of qualified professionals, high standards of customer service and market leading systems set us apart from smaller industry service providers, whose service provision is often hindered by lack of staff or structured systems. A ‘hands on’ approach and regular on-site attendance is a feature of our service.
Owners Corporation Victoria (formally the Institute of Body Corporate Managers)
MICM Property is a member of Owners Corporation Victoria providing access to industry knowledge and staff training.
MICM Property has extensive experience in the establishment of new owners corporations and successfully handling the extra challenges they can present. This includes:
• Initialising new sites, setting rules and implementing operating procedures
• Resolving builder/developer issues
• Monitoring building warranties
• Ensuring essential services standards are in place
• Establishing budgets, maintenance plans and sinking funds
• Tendering and contracting for services
• Maintaining financial liquidity through effective reporting and systems
Green Apartment Living – high rise / low impact
During 2007, in conjunction with the City of Melbourne, MICM Property developed ‘Green Apartment Living’ a program of energy and sustainability initiatives for high rise apartment buildings. Introduction of the program is leading to energy and water savings, improved recycling, and benefits not only financially to the owners corporation but also to the environment.
Fees – know what’s included
MICM Property has adopted an inclusive fee approach. Many owners corporation managers adopt a ‘schedule 3’ fee costing system where additional fees are charged for everything from arranging major maintenance, site visits, attending meetings outside business hours and even affixing the common seal. In total, 37 separate items are listed as incurring additional costs, many at hourly rates which can be anywhere between $99 to $220 per hour.
Our fees are simple and can be fully budgeted ahead. Our fee structure is as follows:
• A fixed inclusive management fee per annum;
• A set amount to cover postage, stationery and communications; and
• A set amount for BAS and tax returns